Friday, May 18, 2012

Fried Salted Fish with Shallots

Oh I just loved cooking and for me if you let me stay in kampung I will loved it. I can cook anything I want. Last time when I still staying with my aunty in kepayan, sometime we need to be careful what we cook such as ikan masin, nonsom sada (this is the best), all things when you cook, the smell will fill the house and even your neighborhood can smell it. haha, it happen to my next neighbour and I think she cooked the ikan masin, I was like what the hell? I just wash my hair and my hair smell like ikan masin..haha. That's why when I went back to my kampung I will cook my ikan masin and that's my lunch and dinner. I just loved it. So, I'm sharing the recipe here. Hope you like it...enjoy! :)

FRIED SALTED FISH WITH SHALLOTS
Info: this picture I get it from website :) but it will turn out something like this
Ingredients:-
1 bowl of salted fish - you can use any type of salted fish, soaked in water for about 1/2 hour and cut it.
2 tbsp tamarind/asam - add some water and squeeze out the juice
5 shallots - sliced
1 tsp brown sugar
salt to taste (use sparingly)
4 tbsp oil 



Preparation:
1) Heated the oil, fry the salted fish until crispy and golden brown in color. Remove and keep aside.
2) In the same oil. saute the shallots to soften for about 3-4 mins.
3) Pour in the tamarind juice, sugar and salt.
4) Stir until it becomes a thick paste. Lastly, add the fried salt fish cubes.  Mix all ingredient together before removing from heat.

All the best! :)