Monday, May 21, 2012

Yummy Muesli :)

Morning everyone, early of this month I've go for medical check up and guess what? Me? high cholesterol? That really bad. I do like to eat but in the same time health still important to us. So, now I went to gym and Zumba with my two beautiful gorgeous friend. Its really good, we can do some exercise. And I'm eating oat as my breakfast and eat just like that can be bored sometimes. But last night I have a talk with my bestie and she told me when she ate oat she will do something different rather than just ate the oat like that. She told me to tried to do muesli. I was like muesli? What is that? Then she began to explain to me what is muesli. Muesli is made from oat mixed with yogurt or milk, dried fruit, fresh fruit and after you can eat just like that. I said "wow" that's sound yummy. So, when I reached to my office this morning, open my computer and Google for muesli recipe and I got it. So, here I wanted to shared with you the recipe and I hope you will enjoy it.. :)

MUESLI RECIPE
yummy Muesli :)
Things that you'll need:-
1)Rolled oats
2) Wheat germ, flaked bran, barley or rye flakes
3) Dried fruits (raisins, cranberries or dates)
4) Nuts or seeds (sunflower nurs, almonds, flakes coconut, walnuts or flaxseed)
5) Yogurt or milk (optional)
6) fresh fruit (optional)

Instructions:-
1)
Begin with rolled oats as the base. Oats come in different forms: rolled and steel cut. For muesli, rolled oats are the best because they are flaky and tender.
2)  Add another grain, such as wheat germ, flaked bran, barley or rye flakes.
3) Choose some seeds or nuts to add protein and texture. You can add sunflower nuts, almonds, flaked coconut, walnuts or flaxseed to muesli.
4) Mix dried fruit into the muesli. Cranberries, raisins or dried apricots provide sweetness. Dates or dried nectarines can also be added to a muesli recipe.
5) Decide whether you want your muesli hot or cold. If you choose to prepare the muesli cold, add milk and eat like cereal or sprinkle over plain yogurt or fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries. If you choose to prepare muesli hot, place the muesli in milk and warm over low heat until the oats are swollen and soft; eat like oatmeal.

That is easy right? hehe, all the best ya! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment